The document found at the link below outlines AMHAs Fair Play Policy so that all stakeholders understand the mandate set out by AMHAs Board of Directors and Executive Members in relation to communicating The Associations vision of fair playing time for all members of Airdrie Minor Hockey.
Key Factors/ Principles Leading to the Creation and Implementation of the Fair Play Policy
- AMHA identified a need to inspire and support coaches to continue to develop all players strengths and weaknesses rather than focusing on developing strong players and forsaking those deemed to be weaker.
- AMHA follows the Hockey Canada Development Model as well as endorses the Hockey Canada Fair Play Code for Players and Coaches. Line three of the Hockey Canada Fair Play Code for Coaches states: I will ensure that all players get equal instruction, support and playing time.
- AMHA believes that development comes from experiencing all situations.
- AMHA is dedicated to creating an environment that has a strong focus on the player and what they are taking away from the game at any given time. If the players experiences are negative, they are less likely to continue on in the sport and will be more likely to seek other recreational activities.
5. AMHA values player development over game results. CLICK HERE TO READ THE AIRDRIE MINOR HOCKEY FAIR PLAY POLICY